September was an overly busy month at work as I am taking on more responsibilities and trying to keep my head above water. I allowed myself some time to settle into this latest transition of my life without the added pressure of having to create new content for a blog I desire to keep up with.
I will admit, this has been a decade long project that I have continuously started and stopped, but this time I am determined to keep consistent with writing and maintaining this blog. I have to stop starting and stopping, it's a bad habit.
A quick overview of the past month:
1) I took on more responsibility at work, which allowed me little to no time to do any of the things I wanted to do (read, write, run, etc. etc.).
2) My boyfriend's brother and his girlfriend decided to visit in the middle of a pandemic from Texas. That didn't give me anxiety whatsoever . . . especially since they were staying with us.
3) I hosted a brunch for people who don't like me. That was fun.
4) I planned a surprise birthday party for my boyfriend.
5) There were some family emergencies that I had to tend to and keep calm, remaining the voice of reason (surprisingly).
6) I'm fostering a dog! I love him sooooo much!
7) I have had to deal with some pretty absurd bullshit that I have had to process and not be so reactive. My therapist has taught me to be an actor, not a reactor and not let people get the best of me. It's hard.
Overall, I am happy and am super excited to have time to do the things I enjoy. I need to get back to doing the things I love. It started this past weekend when I decided to disconnect from my work e-mail and the world for two days. It was glorious to reset and enjoy the little things, like sunshine.
I'll be writing posts related to the items cited above. I am excited to share my experiences with you all.
I hope you are all enjoying this fabulous Monday!